Seeking Experienced Proposal Writer
We are looking to hire a freelance Proposal Writer to help us prepare a variety of government contract, private foundation, and corporate grant proposals, as well as letters of interest, reports, and other development materials for our client roster of non- profit organizations. This position will report to the Fund Development Manager and work with the LSC Team. The ideal candidate is creative, proactive, detail-oriented and an excellent communicator, with a demonstrated interest in urban communities, youth and family services, community development, environmental stewardship, community organizing, and more. A background in community-based non-profit organizations serving marginalized urban communities would be beneficial.
The key capacity necessary to be successful in this position is the ability to synthesize information and language from a variety of sources to write compelling, persuasive proposals that are focused to match the priorities of specific funders and funding opportunities. The ideal candidate will work remotely and have the time, interest, and flexibility to engage with the work and sometimes accommodate quick turnarounds.
● 3+ years nonprofit development experience, or other relevant experience (including academic research and writing, or other)
● Experience researching funders and funding opportunities for specific organizations and/or programs (ie prospect research) is a plus
● Experience putting together project and organizational budgets is a plus
● Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
● Strong communication skills, including writing and editing
Please send your resume and at least two writing samples to: Lydia Sierra at firstname.lastname@example.org